The elbow joints on the mini were designed to mount the lower arms at right angles. for my pose, I wanted one arm to be more open and one to be more closed. I used a file to modify the attachment points. Below shows the assembled arms, as well as a better look at the sculpting work on the right foot and knee.
Before assembling the mini, I put together the foundation for the terrain on the base. I decided to make tree stumps out of some sticks I found in my front yard. I glued these to the base with epoxy, then filled in the hex with spackle. Once this dried, I used white glue to attach a layer of fine sand for texture. Next, I added roots to the stumps using pure Kneadatite. This looks goofy at this stage, but it'll make more sense once the paint goes on. :)
Finally, I assembled the mini in the walking pose. The painting technique I will demonstrate requires a dark background, so I primed the mini black. Below, you get the first look at my reposed Emperor.
Page 1: Starting | Page 2: Assembly | Page 3: Painting | Page 4: Nose Art | Page 5: Finishing