I decided to primer in white, and unfortunately disaster struck. I know better than to spray in humid air, but I must be used to the August weather in D.C. because I didn't notice how bad it was outside. The result is bubbles in the primer, which can totally screw up a mini.
At this point, there are only 3 choices: [ul]
Paint over the bubbles, sacrificing both detail and quality Dunk the mini in stripper (and ruin base and assembly work) Get out the tools and fix the problem I opted to get out my tools and fix it. After waiting for the primer to dry, I used a pick to clear out excess buildup in the corners. Then, I used a sanding strip to gently sand away the offending spots in the primer, revealing the bare metal underneath.
With that little exercise complete, I primered again when the weather was better. Note that if you have an indoor spray area, you can usually avoid this problem (but you get other problems, like fumes and getting paint dust on your stuff).
Page 1: Starting | Page 2: The Base | Page 3: Modification | Page 4: Disaster | Page 5: Painting | Page 6: Finishing