With that done, it's time to work on the base. I had said earlier about how I was going to do a grassy base, but it seemed wrong to do something so organic in a digital-themed entry. So I thought about what the backgrounds looked like in Tron: mostly sold colors and lots of polygons. Here's another still from the movie.
I decided to change my base by adding a lot of blocks at the 'Mech's feet. The blocks are made from fragments of dried Milliput that I broke with a pair of pliers. To give good contrast with my paint scheme, I decided to go with a very dark base. From left to right, I glued on the blocks, painted them all black, and dry-brushed them up a few shades of gray. I then blended the tops of the blocks with a lighter shade of gray to give a more disjointed colorscape for the base.
Below are the final images. In the last one I included some other Battletech minis I painted to help get inspired: a Demolisher tank painted like the Tron tank, and a Werewolf painted like another Blue Program. I sincerely hope you like my entry!
Page 1: Starting | Page 2: Assembly | Page 3: Painting | Page 4: Detailing | Page 5: Basing